I feel like I've been a little M.I.A. on the crafting lately, which I guess is sort of an unfair assessment given the fact that I reupholstered and repainted a chair and revamped a mirror last weekend.  Maybe I just feel impending M.I.A.-ness.  That is, I realized that I've been fairly prolific in identifying and planning crafts for the wedding but not so much in actually completeing them.  Michael points this fact out to me often.  This means that I have to get down to business and knock some of these things off of my to-do list, which likely means a little less miscellaneous crafting which I can feature here on the blog.  (Not to mention that improving weather will undoubtedly lure me away from the confines of my tiny condo.)

My first order of business has been to finish my centerpieces.  This is really where my Anna Maria Horner fabrics will shine.  I'm reticent to share the final product, but I can say that it's vaguely inspired by this tutorial from Martha Stewart and involves way more bias tape than I ever imagined.  After a couple of solid days of work (last Sunday and today), I'm just shy of being done with this project and able to move onto the next one.

We all know that I love bias tape, but in the process of executing my wedding projects, I think I've made and used around 500 feet of bias tape.  Yeah, you read that right.  It's almost enough to turn me sour on bias tape altogether, but alas, that has not yet happened. 

Here are a few shots of my process for your viewing pleasure. 

This is what 200 feet of bias tape looks like!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Pin It button on image hover