fabricpaperglue on Instragram
I'm officially home for the holidays and still have a surprising amount to do before Christmas. Unfortunately, I've spent the better part of my time here thus far waiting around at the hospital. I've mentioned my mom's 2+ year battle with cancer here before. These years of chemo have sadly gotten the better of her sense of taste and digestive track to the point that she has eaten little more than a single bite of food even on the best days for literally months now. They've finally decided that a feeding tube is her only remaining option to get the nutrients her body needs. Yesterday involved a long, frustrating bait and switch at the hospital involving my mom not getting the procedure. It looks like that will have to wait until after Christmas. So...I would say that this year the holidays are bitter-sweet but also a stark and (frankly) unwelcome reminder to enjoy these precious times while I have them.
My favorite links this week:
- Hourly New Year's Eve surprise bags? Touché, Cupcakes & Cutlery. Touché.
- A heart-melting festive forest tutorial from You Are My Fave.
- Jessica from Me Sew Crazy whipped up a fur vest for Alt, which reminds me of all the wearable and totable DIYs I need to churn out with the conference now a month away.
- A great roundup of gifts for bloggers from Pugly Pixel -- including some of her best downloads for Photoshop.
- A Merry Modern Christmas: a roundup of my favorite gift-wrapping supplies and DIYs
- Handmade Holidays: my list of this year's gift-worthy DIYs
- A Fabric & A Font: takin' it old school with a traditionally merry combo
- Try This: an easy and stress-free step-by-step for wrapping oddly-shaped gifts
find me elsewhere
If you've ever given one of my tutorials or cocktails a try or you've just been inspired by something you've seen here on Fabric Paper Glue, be sure to share a photo. I'd love to feature it!