@fabricpaperglue on Instagram
I realized this week that, early on, I was neither a discernible nor a responsible pinner. And I'm paying for that now. I spent well over two hours trying to clean up just one of the 75 boards that I have on Pinterest, and I didn't even finish! I culled over half of the 200+ pins I had in the board and tried my best to find the original sources for as many of my remaining pins as possible. I added more meaningful captions instead of the insightful ones that I had used early on (e.g. "/" or "."). If I couldn't find an original source or something citing the original source for an image, I just deleted it. This is the part where I get on my soapbox about pinning responsibly and the disdain I feel deep inside as a generator of content for Pinterest when I hear someone refer to something as a "Pinterest recipe" or a "Pinterest project". I love Pinterest, but despite my track record, I do believe it's a tool that should be used in a more meaningful way. All the content on Pinterest was created from the toil of someone else, so you know, just think about that. In the meantime, I'll be logging some serious man hours over the next several months trying to practice what I preach (or just deleting everything and starting all over).
My favorite links this week:
- My favorite round-up yet of Pantone's 2013 color of the year from Glitter, Glue & Fireflies
- A confetti pillow case tutorial from Frock Files for You Are My Fave
- A DIY faux juju hat -- but in gold mylar (!!!) -- by Hank & Hunt
- Try This: framed fold-over clutch tutorial
- Try This: colorful mail organizer clips tutorial
- A Fabric & A Font: gettin' a little wild with zebras
- Tried That: putting a great tutorial for gold nugget earrings to use
- Catharsis for the Conspicuous Consumer: a round-up of beautiful sewing scissors of all varieties
find me elsewhere
If you've ever given one of my tutorials or cocktails a try or you've just been inspired by something you've seen here on Fabric Paper Glue, be sure to share a photo. I'd love to feature it!