Mission Accomplished

That's right!  I did it!  And it wasn't even all that hard.

To recount, I finally picked up a chair to redo last weekend at Goodwill.

After unscrewing the seat from the chair frame, I removed the old upholstery.

And found another layer of equally ugly upholstery.

After removing that layer, I had my blank canvas.

I cut a couple of layers of batting to size and attached them with spray adhesive.

I cut the upholstry to size using the old upholstry as a template.

Using my new staple gun (which may very well be my new favorite tool), I stapled the upholstry and another layer of batting to the seat.

At this point, the sight of the newly upholstered seat all pretty and tight and new nearly brought tears to my eyes. Per the usual, Michael was disturbed by my passion.

Next, I thoroughly cleaned the chair frame and gave it a little sanding.

Then, I primed.

Finally, after giving it a couple of coats of glossy white paint and reattaching the seat, it was complete.

At this point, I'm pretty much my own hero...and I threatened Michael that we may have reupholstered-repainted chairs all over the condo! He was not amused.


  1. I have always wanted to do this! It turned out great!

  2. its looks awesome! your my hero too! i have got to take the plunge and try it.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Pin It button on image hover