This has been a rough week. See that pretty lady with the silly hat on? That's my lovely mother just a couple of weeks ago when I made a short trip home. She's been battling stage 4 cancer for nearly 2 years now. Months upon months of the harshest chemotherapy out there. In fact, you might remember the quilt I made for her last year right after she started chemo. After some positive gains from one cocktail, some harsh side effects, and a much needed break, we learned this week that her cancers are growing aggressively again. It sometimes feels like an unwinnable battle, but it always feels unfair. She's as weak as ever, but back on the chemo she goes next week. So, if you wouldn't mind, think of her for me.
Some things around the web that provided a little ray of sunshine here and there this week include:
- These adorable little 3-D apple place cards from Studio DIY.
- Jenny's idea to cut up and display the Kona color card on Anything Pretty.
- This gold faceted lamp from Land of Nod.
- The Fall 2012 collection from Ferm Living via Design Sponge is right up my alley.
- Big, Bold [Budget] Art: We got ourselves some big, bold, new art -- including a near life-size Cyclops...and my husband is somehow the dubious one.
- Catharsis for the Conspicuous Consumer: I was dreaming of brass menageries, so I rounded one up for myself (and you!).
- A Fabric + A Font: Another lovely combination to inspire.
- Try This: I shared a quick and easy step-by-step for Luri & Wilma to turn a few bucks worth of thrifted housewares into a jewelry tower.
- Try (/Buy) This: I gave you the full rundown on how to create a bold crossbody clutch versatile enough for day or night.
find me elsewhere