We're spending a week at home in Tennessee. This view from my in-laws' house probably makes me more nostalgic for Tennessee in the spring/summer than anything else. I love spending lazy days on the lake, and this was, after all, where our first-look was on our wedding day. It's things like this that contribute to my constant waffling on when we should move back to Tennessee. The career-oriented part of me says we need another 5 years (which is what I've been saying for 7 years now). The nostalgic part says to just move back today, but then I realize that if we lived here I'd actually have a job and everyday wouldn't be a lazy day on the lake. Dilemma.
Things I'm loving this week:
- Can't get enough of this round-up of marble prints by Canvas & Canopy. I've got a project I plan to post in the next couple of weeks using some fabulous malachite fabric I found on Spoonflower.
- The beautiful things that creative bloggers think to do with trash?! Exhibit A: This adorable paper bag flower basket from A Subtle Revelry.
- Love this round up of Mexican blanket inspiration from A Pair and A Spare.
- I've seen many paper flowers in my day, but never any quite as beautiful as these by Lyndie Dourthe on the Anthology blog.
Here on Fabric Paper Glue this week:
- An unconscionably refreshing cucumber-lemon cooler cocktail recipe on what I'm billing as "Tipsy Tuesday."
- A little bridal tea decor inspiration in this week's A Fabric + A Font.
- Despite all the sewing that I do, I finally posted my first sewing tutorial! A simple little tote bag with hand-sketched botanic illustrations.
find me elsewhere