Whew. This week raced by. Work seemed to be inordinately busy. Tuesday was punctuated by a lovely happy hour with fellow DC bloggers Erin of Olive Our House and Maggie of The Freckled Citizen. I've got to be honest, I was sort of embarrassingly nervous about meeting these online friends in real life, but it was pretty much a riot. We did a bitters-making class on Wednesday, and Thursday's highlight was a literal Twitter party for my departing coworker Emma (above). I've sort of become my office's resident party decorator, but photos of our fluorescent-lit conference room are simply atrocious. Anyway, this busy week is topped off with a trip to Wisconsin for a wedding. Should be fun!
Items of interest this week:
- I'd not heard of the concept of a jungalow until this post on the Etsy blog inspired by the home and blog of Justina Blakeney. I like. I like. Very. Much.
- Thanks to my friend Jocelyn and her blog the Book Hooker, I discovered The Best Remedy. Man, oh, man do her cocktails look good.
- I think I may have finally found a flower arranging project I might just try to tackle -- these latte bowl centerpieces on Project Wedding by Victoria of A Subtle Revelry. It might just be sooner rather than later too, as we've got a party coming up next weekend.
'Round these parts:
- I solicited your thoughts on the perilous art of collecting.
- I knocked out my first baby quilt in a bit.
- A nice little art deco-ish Fabric + Font combo.
- I broke out a relatively simple but pretty cool necklace tutorial.
find me elsewhere