In the last three weeks, I've had some of the best cream corn of my life -- actually some of the only cream corn of my life, which is weird because I'm from the South. I had this cheesy, spicy cream corn from Blue Duck Tavern here in DC, and then a decadently rich version from Henlopen City Oyster House in Rehoboth Beach, DE. So, yeah, I'm on a cream corn kick. I tried making my own on Wednesday. Next time, I might have to add some cream cheese and break out the immersion blender. Any tips? Anyone else out there rediscover a more delicious version of a food from your childhood?
Some of interweb notables this week:
- I love bold lipstick, so I appreciated the tutorial for perfect red lips over on Crowley Party.
- Christmas, already?! I was in the craft store the other night and was sort of taken aback by the aisles of Christmas stuff already poppin up, and then this post on the HGTV site. Sheesh.
- Did you see this amazing before and after over on 4 Men 1 Lady? Pretty glamorous, no? I'm sorta dyin' over that subway tile wall.
- Look at this CMYK-inspired wedding on Ruffled. Do it. It's adorable.
- I shared with you a little therapeutic catharsis for my consumerism by rounding up some striking iPhone cases. And BONUS: one of the Society 6 artists featured in the round-up, Amy Sia, provided this little friends and family link for free shipping!
- On Tuesday, I sent you over to House of Earnest for a little peek inside some of the details of my home.
- On Wednesday, I announced my new collaboration with DC lifestyle e-mag luri & wilma.
- Yesterday, I gave you a step-by-step for the cutest little ombre mini-taper candle holders that you eva' did see.
find me elsewhere